Ballycotton is a small coastal fishing village about 25km east of cork city, Ireland. Besides the beaches and a 5km cliff walk, one of the main focal points is the lighthouse which was first commissioned in 1851 and was operated by lighthouse keepers until it was converted to electricity in 1975. The keepers were withdrawn fully in 1992 when the lighthouse was automated. It is possible to get tours of the lighthouse (weather permitting during the summer months)
See here for more information on Ballycotton and surrounding areas.